Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Sharing time between development, email correspondence, personal and professional life.

Hi,

This is not a rant, just a notice for all of you trying to reach me on my email, and didn't respond back yet.

As many of you already know, my time is limited, I cannot stretch myself to do all at once. I try my best to keep a balance between project related tasks and personal life.

-I do not answer email during the weekend. On Mondays the backlog can reach over 100 emails...
-Emails with multiple requests or questions may have lower priority... overwhelming...
-Some days of the week I have to devote only on developing (random days).
-Programming fixes for issues or new features may take several days or weeks, depending on how easy is to replicate the issue or create a test platform.

Also, assembly times are directly connected to the delivery time of some overseas parts. I wish I had everything locally, but for now its not something I can change.

So, please be patience, I'll get back to you as soon is possible. I'm not superman... :)



Maybe some kind person could create and maintain a simple forum for these conversations instead of emails, so everyone can learn from others experience without me having to repeat myself over and over again.




Thanks






Stat chart of the blog visitors. Notice the peak on March!



Thanos
California, 2014

3 comments:

  1. Hi Thanos,

    I'm glad to hear that you are busy and hopefully this might become your main job in the future:)

    About the forums, could you ask folks at http://x-sim.de and/or xsimulator.net if they would be happy to have a sub-section of their forum dedicated for your support work?

    I can imagine than answering same questions over and over is not fun, did you though about creating an online documentation with guides, and FAQ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tino,

      There is new support forum now about the AMC1280USB... Still new but it will be filled with information soon: http://motionsim.freeforums.net/

      Delete
  2. Hi Thanos,
    Great stuff! I've already registered :)

    ReplyDelete